Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yea so ahhhhhhh

I bought the hat on day 2 but i love it i had to add the strap so it wouldent blow off in the wind


Alright well ill start from the start always a good place to...start.
DAY 1
As any one who knows me know i have an amazing sence of directions wich is why it is so puzeling that when i got to the end of my moms driveway the first posible place to make a desions on direction(unless i had biked into the back wall) I managed to take the wrong turn leading me into the labryinth that is this naeighbourhood and eventual spitting me out at the exact oposit side of this massive complex, not a great start as it aded like 3 km to my day. But i would not let this crush my sprits i mean realy whats 3km added to 2400 ill walk furthere into the woods to take a leak over the next what ever days.

So smoth riding for the first few hours then for the first time in 20something ears of riding a bike i got a puncture, but like a good boy scout im prepared extra tube(wrong size but i squezzed the 27inch tube on the 26inch rim) and all the tools i need... nope not realy have the wrench to remove front tire but back is a diferent size shit. Well still high spirits and all that crap went to the closest gasstation kindly old lady has one in her truck im back on the road. Its a short day as i have freinds in they keys i can stay with only 50somethingKM.

DAY 2

Head north anlong the keys into a vishious head wind and for the first time in several months they are perdicting rain. So i strugle along at a snails pace fighting a head wind and having to push this heavy bike up all the bridges as my single gear and total wieght make anything greater than a slight inclin imposible to ride up. But its fun and its an interesting area good scenery yaada. Bam second puncture fix... Oh i forgot the freinds i had stayed with the night befor one of them had been kind enof(quite the eagre beaver) to go into microsoft maps and pritn me off a detailed map of the entire trip with recomendations of amazing route staying very close to shroe and seeing all these neat islands much better than my few scribled notes of what highway numbers i would stay near. His route took me to thisFloridas longest and highest bridge the sun shine or some stupid name. I had originaly sceen it on the map and figured i could not cross its an expressway bla bla. But if Barry included it it can be done. So i rode to the toll both and had my dolar redy for the lady in the booth she took one look and said "No Bikes". I protested i have sceen no signs that say no bike.... she got on a phone told me to ride up to the rest area and talk to the cop there. I rode past her and a few Km later the exit for the rest area aproched on my right and i thought i realy dont need a rest ill ride on. So i rode and its nother few Km i start to see no walking signs and i figure im not walking no problem, altho i had been having trouble with a gentle inclin on this bike and this bridge is so steep it give my mom the hebegebees to drive it ill just ride up and say oops dident think i would be walking. Well i got to the very start of the incline and this after more than 1okm without a sign is were they decide the no bikes sign should be. Im not one for braking laws especialy in the land of gun toting crazzys. So im at a loss i cant ride bake to the other highway it will add over 100km and well i would just feel defeted. So i shot my thumb out and smiled. This had little to no effect on the cars flying by at 120km/h i did get a few honks and smiles and the police on the other side of the rode. Well im not one to wait around on Jonny law so i need a plan.

This is what i came up with

I rode back to the rest area and asked a few pickup driven folk if i could toss my stead in the back of there truck. First 2 were not keen but lucky number three said it would be no problem but his truck was full and i would need to ride in the back. Sounds great to me. So hear i am 120km/h over this massive bride in the bed of a truck.


After this eventfull moment realy felling like im on my way i decided to stop for lunck at this senic spot i eat sitting in a mangrove tree that sat over the watter a few feetI thought i had found such a beautifull lcation to celebrate. As i finished my lunch i looked over and discovered someone eles had thought this was a beautifull location as well but lunch had not been there activity i had just dined several feet from what someone thought was a great location for a toilet.

Ok there is more but its 3am and i should sleep ill post more soon

2 comments:

  1. im on the edge of my seat. i know vaguely where this goes, but i still want you to tell me.
    rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i'd also like to hear the story
    please kyle, fill us in
    robertson

    ReplyDelete

Followers